Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Party 101

Partying. 



We are all in college, so therefore we are all alcoholics due to society stereotypes. So, if you decide to give into the stereotype then please listen to words of wisdom. Or don't, and go to jail, it's up to you.

The Party.


Once you decide to become a stereotypical college student and join a party, please do not show up to a random party. I've been to plenty of parties and no one likes a random group showing up. As a host to many parties it really erks me when people I do not know show up and drink my drinks. And yes, I've thrown people out plenty. So don't be the ones thrown out.

Let me break it down for you, alcohol costs money so you are being a free loader if you don't even know the people who bought the probably $60 keg. Also, what will you say if a cute guy/girl asks, "How do you know (insert host name)?". You can't just bash your eyelashes and smile, sorry. So please, either know the host or go with people who know the host. Don't show up to a random party, just don't. 

1. Watch Who Pour Your Drinks.



I'm sure you've heard this from your parents but it's the truth. When you're in a party you are talking and being distracted by the opposite or same sex, so you aren't watching your drink being made. I usually bring my own drinks to the party that way I don't feel like a freeloader and I know I won't be drugged. Some people will take advantage of you, it's the real world and you need to accept it. Hell, some people even try to drug you at bars. Just watch your drink! Take it with you to the bathroom. When you leave your drink alone, it's the perfect time for the person to strike. If you leave it for a moment, just get a new one. Better to be safe than sorry. So, watch your drink all the time. 

2. Who's Driving?


Now is time for the hardest question of the party life. How will you get home after drinking? For the love of some God, DO NOT DRIVE DRUNK. Just don't. Don't even consider it. If there is one thing I really don't like it's when people think nothing bad will happen to them. That's being selfish. It's not just you in danger, it's EVERYONE. Here are some tips to deal with this problem.
  1. Force someone to be a DD. If you're going out with a group of friends then talk about it. Usually, someone will volunteer unless you have shittie friends. At times my roomies and I do a switch off. One of us will do it one day and the other the next and so on. If you have to, pull straws and who ever gets the shortest will not drink.
  2. If going to a frat party (which I don't like) they usually have their bitches/new members to drive people back so ask, but be careful because some guys will take advantages of drunk girls.
  3. CALL A TAXI. Yes, that yellow checkered car that drives so slow in front of you. My college (USC) has taxies that take college kids back home for free as long as you have your student ID. They also have shuttles that drive students back to the college and to the bars downtown. So take advantage of these free rides.
  4. Just stay at the house you are in if it's a houseparty. Just crash on the floor, it's safer than the driving drunk.  
Point blank, just have a trusty DD. Don't drive drunk, please don't. 


3. Be Social

image
Yes, be social. No, I don't mean lapdance on some random guy who is hot. No, talk to people and mingle. No one wants to be that girl who is half naked and having sex with random guys. I hate to break it to you but most people will talk so much shit about you and have no respect for you. It's the truth. Just talk to people, flirt, and make friends. That's what parties are for, to get to know people! This is how I met a lot of friends and some nice guys. No one likes the drunk who is throwing up in the corner. Parties are the greatest places to meet new people. 
And if you do meet someone, get their number, I always forget to ask so don't be me.

4. Check Out Local Bars.


(Five Points, Columbia SC)
Now, I do go to local bars and if you're a student of USC or from SC, you know the picture above is of five points which is great for bars but not so great location (violent). That is why I always go in group and advise you (reader) to the same. Never go to a bar alone, that's just asking for date rape.

For you underage people and not USC students, here are so tips;
  • Some bars actually cater to underage, shocking. If you have a twitter I'm sure there is a page for local bars. Some Thursdays girls 18+ can get drinks for $2 at some bars. Also, some bars will allow 18+ to drink, just gotta find the places.
  • Gonna get a fake? Okay. I don't understand why the drinking age is 21, if you can join the military, smoke, and quit school then you should be able to drink. If you do find the connection for a fake, please do not use in a grocery store because they SCAN IDS. Put two and two together and you'll know that the fake won't scan and that would be horrible. Use your fake at a bar. Peripherally when it's crowded because the person is less likely to really look at it. Just know how to use it, okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment